A new weekly series from Eaglemoss allows you to build your own DeLorean…over two years!
Here at The Unheard Nerd it appears to have become a yearly tradition to mention a series of collectables that you can acquire weekly, bi-weekly or even monthly.
Over the years, we’ve had the Batman Automobiles collection, The Star Trek Star Ships collection and the most recent was a kit which allowed you to build your own studio accurate Millennium Falcon from Star Wars.
Now as we set to enter 2017, Eaglemoss are about to release their newest publication, this time focusing on the DMC DeLorean from the Back To The Future trilogy.
This beautiful 1:8 die-cast metal model of the infamous movie vehicle hosts a ton of special features and details including:
- Side windows that can be wound up or down, using a small wheel on the underside of the door.
- The brake lights at the rear of the car come on when you press down on the brake pedal.
- The wheels can be tilted to create the version of the car that flies in Back to the Future II.
- All Doc’s modifications have been carefully recreated from the nuclear reactor to the cables on the floor, and the model has a wealth of lights.
- You can opt to change the nuclear reactor out for the futuristic Mr Fusion.
- Underneath Doc Brown’s nuclear reactor on the back of the car, there’s a fully detailed replica of a real DeLorean V6 engine.
- All of Doc’s homemade time machine components have been carefully reproduced down to the tape on the hoses.
Eaglemoss have worked in conjunction with Joe Walser to create this model. Joe worked with Universal Pictures to repair and refurbish the original DeLorean that was used for filming.
Back To The Future trilogy writer and producer, Bob Gale, says Joe knows these vehicles better than the team that built them!
This model will be available in weekly parts and each issue comes with a colour magazine featuring build instructions as well as background information about the car and the films.
If you decide to subscribe to the magazine, you’ll receive three bonus items. An exclusive magazine binder, a replica OUTATIME license plate and a display base to showcase your finished model DeLorean.
The first issue will cost a mere £2, the second, £4. After that, the remaining 128 issues will retail for £8.99. Do the maths! That’s a pricey model!
The first issue goes on sale December 28th.
Find out more at the official Build The Back To The Future DeLorean website.